HI

... this is an expanding selection of pics and of some of my shorter pieces of writing ... and other bits and pieces ... in German and mainly English ... and other strange languages ... COME BACK AND CHECK IT OUT ... COMMENTS WELCOME

wolfgangsperlich@gmail.com


Saturday, August 28, 2010

WHERE IS MY FORTUNE?


2010


WHERE IS MY FORTUNE?

Lady Fortune
You say you favour the brave
But an audit of your account shows
You favour those you have favoured before
The children of the rich and not the children of the poor

If your selection were random
I’d be happy to accept my fate
My number hasn’t come up
And it never may

You are a lazy witch
If I may say so and incur your wrath
Languishing in the golden temples built for you by slaves
Smiling upon those who have never worked a day in their life
Pouring scorn on those who kneel before you in rags

Lady
I pray to you nevertheless to pick me and my lucky number
And if you do
I shall praise you and construct you a little wooden shrine to declare
That once you favoured the one whose luck ran out
                                             Bravely fighting the odds



No comments:

Post a Comment