HI

... this is an expanding selection of pics and of some of my shorter pieces of writing ... and other bits and pieces ... in German and mainly English ... and other strange languages ... COME BACK AND CHECK IT OUT ... COMMENTS WELCOME

wolfgangsperlich@gmail.com


Saturday, September 19, 2026

Leonard from the Beyond

 Leonard from the Beyond

 

There is a three-headed person on my bathroom floor

Next to a large man with a skull cap on his head

There is a dolphin swimming above the door

No, I’m not on acid, he said

 

I’m on a mixture of nitrogen and oxygen

I believe it’s called air

I got it from a dealer selling medicine

In a bottle with chocolate éclair

 

She said just give me the dough

I said go easy on the colloquialism

Five hundred dollars ain’t cheap you know

She was well read in romanticism

 

Lost for breath I walked away

Across the horizon to another airy beach

The poet didn’t know what to say

The future it is murder and out of reach

 

All the bridges were gone, flooded

Electric cars floating past the queen

You are standing on the other side, hooded

Her head waiting in vain for the guillotine 

 

Finally, there is some good news

The violent sun stopped shining

Leonard no more singing the blues

The river lady with her cats is reclining

 

There is no rhyme and reason in eternity

Phoenix smashed to smithereens

Gendered men looking for non-existent fraternity

Women testing their genes

 

He’s not alien life as we know it

We love his past glories and literature

Reading and reciting blank pages of it

 Un-published in a magazine called ob-literature

 

Like the ghost who got lost the dark

Paradoxes and contradictions multiplied

The Cretan liars missed their intersection mark

Human divergence is horrified, glorified, crucified, we lied

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment